I Believe

"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this."
-Henry David Thoreau

Big Smile

"Don't take life seriously because you can't come out of it alive."
-Warren Miller

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sown

Full Circle

I used to be a beat-
tapping timidly
among long caramel colored fingers
Strum Strum Strum-ing strings
of terra-cotta wood-
Knock Knock Knock-ing
ashen tightened hide tied around
its mahogany cylinder.
But now I am the rhythm
Flowing through hallowed ground upon
which the feet of fingers strummed
grow roots-
knotting-beating melodies
through mahogany drums.

I used to be a sonnet-
rhym~ing
12 lullab-eyed lines in-2 a couplet
turn~ing time.
Now I am a ballad - ode to more
epic journeys- counted within the lullaby-eye
turned twisted-timed upon the measure.

I used to be a seed-
sown within the fertile hull-
encapsulated-covered-pushed-buried
in rich stroked chocolate frothed sod.
But now I am a root-
reaching deep through mocha beats
flowing upon lullab-eyed sonnets
14 stretched to infinite upon an
epic ballads ode to
Brown Suga juicy~ness.
Encapsulated- turned tilled kissed and picked
by the
Fingers of God.

Penned by Moni...Ashe

No comments:

Post a Comment